Saturday 15 May 2010

Potato Progress – Part II

The other morning, I woke up at 6:30am and took off for a pre-work walk along the Thames. Despite being absorbed in a Sherlock Holmes audiobook, I noticed from my vantage point atop Richmond Hill that a lot of the surrounding area was covered in a very light frost.

Now, young potato plants are especially susceptible to frost, so this morning's visit to the allotment was one that contained a fair amount of trepidation; had my baby potato plants survived this week's May frost, or would I arrive to find the first real signs of progress on the allotment halted?

Well luckily, any fears of the latter were immediately allayed when I turned up to this magnificent sight:

I include my hand once again for scale - if you glance at the post from the 4th of May, you'll see that this really is progress!

Nothing to report from the potato growing bags as yet – watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails