Sunday 23 May 2010

More New Arrivals!

A few weeks back, I posted a blog about Rocket Gardens, the company that grows baby vegetable plants down in west Cornwall and then posts these to you to pot out in window boxes, in pots on the balcony, in the garden or down at the allotment – perfect for urban gardeners. I received an email from the company the other day saying that their plants were taking a little longer this year, due to the frosts we've continued having. Nevertheless, the plants are on their way and will be here shortly, which should make for some fervent activity down on the London Vegetable Garden allotment!

In the meantime however, I am growing cucumbers, courgettes, two varieties of tomato and basil, all from seeds, in pots dotted on various windowsills around the flat. I am supplanting these home-grown efforts with organic baby plants purchased from the local garden centre in Sheen.

Now, yesterday I purchased:

1 x 'Roma' tomato plant (I will end up with around seven different varieties of tomato I hope!) 1 x 'Pondo' pea plant – which when teased apart, contained EIGHT separate plants! 1 x sweet orange pepper 1 x sweet red pepper 'Enorma F1' 1 x Chilli 'Peppino F1'

Aside from the peas, which have gone in next to the potatoes like so:


These have all been potted in the raised bed with netting firmly erected around them. The plants I purchased a fortnight ago have all settled in extremely well, so I'm hoping that these do the same!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails